Wako Chemicals USA, Inc. maintains a 45,000 sq. ft. custom manufacturing facility at its base of operations in Richmond, VA. We provide custom synthesis and toll manufacturing services to various industries throughout the United States and Japan. Our equipment is geared towards small to mid-size batch processes; oftentimes with highly dangerous and/or difficult to handle raw materials.
- Friedel-Crafts reaction
- Grignard reaction
- Radical reaction
- Wittig reaction
- Control of low metal content
- Prepared liquids under controlled circumstance
Stainless steel equipment systems:
- Batch distillation system, 750-gallons.
- Agitated reactor systems (two 750-gallon, two 650-gallon, one 500-gallon, one 350-gallon) with condensers and receivers.
Pfaudler glass-lined reactor systems:
- Two 750-gallon agitated reactors, double-jacketed with overhead glass-lined condensers
- Two 1500-gallon agitated reactors
- One 750-gallon, one 500-gallon, two 300-gallon agitated reactors with glass-lined condensers and receivers
Other process equipment:
- Continuous-feed stainless steel distillation column, 2’-diameter, 40’ height, 30 trays, external reboiler.
- Three batch centrifuges, stainless steel 48”-diameter x 30” height.
- Two fluid-bed dryers, stainless steel
- Two plant-wide air pollution control systems including scrubbers and dual-carbon bed adsorption systems with associated equipment.
- Vacuum pump systems 300 cu m/h at 20 mm Hg.
- Vacuum ejector system for corrosive service, 20 mm Hg.
High-purity Electronic chemicals packaging facility, 4200 sq ft.
- Filling room and lab are class 10,000 clean rooms, with class 100 hoods.
- Bulk tank 5000-gallons, Teflon-lined stainless steel, Teflon lines and filters.
- Conveyor system for 1200 liter ISO-tainers.
- DI water system with circulation loop.
- Warehouse for high-hazard liquids, 2600 sq. ft.
- Analytical equipment including ICP-MS, AA, particle counter, and HPLC.
- Chilled ethylene glycol solution at 40 F
- Chilled ethylene glycol solution at 5 F
- 6000 gallon Nitrogen storage with delivery at 15 psig and 80 psig
- Compressed air at 100 psig (instrument and plant grades)